5 Things to Do in and Around North Goa’s Candolim Beach
Candolim blends scenic beauty with history. This census town in the Bardez taluka in North Goa lies north of Sinquerim and south of the Calangute Beach along the beautiful Arabian Sea. During the late sixteenth century, the Franciscans converted the villagers of Candolim to Christianity. The town then became the primary point of the anti-Portuguese revolution of 1787. All these rich historical facts enhance the tourist attraction of Candolim Beach.
The sea and the beach are calling you for a breather from your monotonous work-from-home. So, if you live in a busy city like Delhi take a flight to Goa and ditch your hectic schedule for some days. Here are 5 things you must do in and around this wonderful place.
Treat Yourself to a Pleasant Massage
Has your Delhi to Goa flight landed? Then it might be great to relax before touring further. How about enjoying an Ayurvedic full body massage? For that, visit any popular local Ayurvedic clinic like Adithya Ayurvedic, Ayurma or Ayurtouch. Then immerse your mind and body in a destressing massage.
Enjoy the Candolim Beach
Now you are at your chief destination. Enjoy your time here by:
- Savouring finger-licking Goan dishes at the beach shacks.
- Absorbing the mesmerising seaside view from the beach.
- Having fun trying the top Candolim water sports like parasailing, bumper ride, jet ski, banana ride, and speed boat ride.
Explore the Historic Aguada Fort
The Aguada Fort has two parts:
- The Old Lighthouse Tower: Staring down from the hill, it offers amazing views across the river and out to the sea.
- The Sinquerim Fort and the Lower Aguada Fort: They offer the best beachfront sunset view. The Lower Aguada Fort on the southern end of Candolim is a well-kept 17th-century Portuguese fort. With glowing red bricks and a striking extension into the waters, it’s a feast to the eyes. Visit it for free anytime between 9:30 am and 6 pm.
Visit Some Lovely Sites around Candolim
Set off on a scooter to explore these beauties around Candolim Beach:
- Bagjuna Beach: It waits at the northern end of Goa. Drive through the Calangute and Baga Beaches, the rice fields, and the Baga River road to the peeking Bagjuna. Have some adventurous rock climbing on your way. Once you reach, take in the view and chill at a small local bar.
- Coco Beach: Cut through the Candolim town and cross the bridge over the Nurul River to Coco Beach. Watch the enclosing mangroves and the streaming Nurul. Explore the local life at this lively fishing beach. The colourful fishing boats, the smiling locals, and the children splashing in the water— all will delight you.
Rock the “Goa Night”
Finally, don’t miss out on the Goan nightlife! Lose yourself in the beach party or enjoy yourself at fancy nightclubs like:
- Sinq: This evening lounge bar becomes a nightclub. If you crave something classy, find its cocktail arrangements and pool lounges at your service.
- Showbar: Visit it to sort out both your dinner and DJ-night dance.
Now you see how Candolim Beach can amaze you with the bliss of nature and the vestige of history. So, book your Goa flight tickets today and get ready for an enriching trip to North Goa.