What Are The Different Types Of Crane Parts And Their Uses?
In the construction industry, cranes play a crucial role in serving different construction needs. They are mainly used to lift heavy objects and move them horizontally from one place to another. A crane has multiple parts that help it in moving objects with ease. Some cranes are fixed to the ground, while others are mounted on a custom-built vehicle. It is easy to get different types of crane parts online. However, it is essential to know that too many types of cranes are available. According to their models, their parts are also different. Not all cranes are used for the same purposes. They all are used for different purposes. Read the complete article to know in detail about the various types of cranes available in the construction industry.
Different types of cranes
- Mobile cranes: One of the most used and versatile cranes available in the construction world. The basic body of all sorts of cranes is made of a steel truss or telescopic boom. The boom is attached at the bottom with the help of hydraulic cylinders.
- Vehicle-mounted cranes: Cranes with one engine and undercarriage are often called vehicle-mounted cranes. The outriggers are stabilized with the help of a truck to expand horizontally or vertically. They can carry up to 50-ton weight and travel on highways without hassle. One can rotate these cranes for up to 180 degrees.
- Rough terrain cranes: These are made of single-engine machines mounted on an undercarriage with multiple rubber ties. They can be extended both vertically and horizontally to stabilize the crane when weight lifting. Uneven, rocky, or dirty construction sites require rough terrain cranes to complete the infrastructure projects.
- Crawler cranes: They come with caterpillars which provide them super mobility, power, and strength to handle maximum loads. A crawler crane can distribute weight with the help of a vast area that can prevent sinking while lifting. This type of crane is excellent for reducing transportation costs. The engineers prefer them on unprepared job sites.
- Tower cranes: These cranes are mostly used on urban construction surges to provide the best lifting capacity. Purchasing the crane parts online is an easy task, but it should be done with proper knowledge. Tower cranes can be easily removed after construction. They are incredibly stable and perform better as compared to the other cranes.
- Telescopic cranes: These types come with large booms attached to steady tubes from the inside. Telescopic cranes can transfer objects to higher positions, so they are used in rescue operations.
After knowing about the different types of cranes available in the market, it is essential to know how to buy them. There are multiple companies selling crane parts online. Make sure the site is trusted and certified for selling top-quality materials. The parts should come with a warranty, and if there is any defect, the person can change it. Make sure to choose a reliable platform that sells only verified crane parts with quality assurance.